How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother died in 1970,and my dad in 1981 i spoke to a

Customer Question

my mother died in 1970,and my dad in 1981 i spoke to a friend of his who said he had witnessed the will -he hadn't read it all but noticed he had put that his 2nd wife could live at the house till she passed then the property to be shared between us 4 kids . she passed few months ago and i have just recieved notice i'm to get £500.00 but the house has now been put up for sale , i think by her son who could be the executor of her will . i cant think that dad would not leave a will think it would of been with HEPherd,Winstanly and Pugh of 22,kings park rd southampton so9 2us since moved from that property the house was paid for i helped them to save the deposit can u tell me please if there is anything i can do to find his will
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon

Thank you for your message. I will do my best to help.

I need some further information before I can answer fully:

(1) Do you know who owned the property at the time of the second wife's death? It's okay if you don't know the answer to this.

(2) Who sent you the notice that you are to receive £500?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards