How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Waddilove i live in Esher Surrey and am on DLA and ESA

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** i live in Esher Surrey and am on DLA and ESA benefits and trying to access some legal advice on two matters. The first is it was found i am liable for rent and council tax arrears on my last property and evicted for this. I inccured this as my housing benefit and council stopped paying them as they thought I was claiming under false reasons that I was not living in the property
I had been staying at my mums a few days a week so I could look after her as she was just diagnosed with dementia. The council did not except this and took me to court anyway. I feel that I was not able at the time to explain and was not listened to properly and was treated like a criminal I suffer from mental health problems and attend a mental health group every week this made no difference. I feel upset and anxious about this and want to do something about it now. As at the time I was not well but I feel better now. Any advice would be truly appreciated thank you for your time. Mrs Theresa waddilove.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to know about this please?