How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I'm currently living in Thailand. I would like to return to

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm currently living in Thailand. I would like to return to the UK ASAP. I'm a British citizen and would like to relocate with my Thai wife. I am preparing to apply for a spouse/settlement for my wife. The problem is she was convicted for drinking and driving in October 2014. My question is, is it worth her applying for the settlement visa or would she be refused on the grounds of Criminal history.
Regards, ***** *****


If your wife has a criminal conviction in her home country, this would adversely affect her application for a visa in the UK.

If the conviction is deemed spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1975, then she should be ok to apply.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

chatham-chamber and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you