How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

To whom it may concern Please can you help me with an

Customer Question

To whom it may concern
Please can you help me with an uncomfortable legal issue I seem to be involved in.
I have had a reply to a group business email and would like some legal advice. I am no Lawyer but I'm pretty sure this constitutes Libel Deformation.
I spent £11 000 with a local bathroom supply store for a job that I was fitting for a client. To cut a long story short we had an issue with a freestanding shower temple and with hardly any support from either the manufacturer or supplier my client left a review on there google page. I was copied in on their emails yesterday and replied to the comments made. I have attached the thread so you can have a look.
The response from the supplier was shocking. I have done work for him in the past and the “team” he talks about are the same group of people he used to use, for over two years. His comments are unfounded and have no basis for truth. All of them are qualified in their respective fields and despite these being false accusations are extremely damaging to our reputation. This is the suppliers opinion of us, with no evidence or proof given. The copyright dispute he mentions consists of a Cease and Desist letter he wrote to me with his letterhead and this matter hasn’t even been taken up by a lawyer never mind the case being taken to Court. All of this, including the previous customers he mentions, my organizational skills and my business address, have absolutely nothing to do with the problem being discussed.
Please can you advise as I don’t want to respond without legal advice. What makes it worse is that I am a customer in this.
Please note. I had to report a malicious communications offence last week to the police about Mr. Gibson as I was receiving threats and abuse via email and my phone. They visited him and advised him not to contact me. His number is ***** blocked from my phone as advised by the officer investigating.
Regards Rowan
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your questions and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. I am afraid I cannot see the email thread - could you kindly re paste it into this this thread and I will be happy to assist you? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex. It shows uploaded below. Is there another way I can get it over to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In .jpg form
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. I have received this. I will review and revert to you today. Kind regards AJ

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your patience. I have reviewed this, can you kindly confirm what you want to achieve? Do you want to bring a defamation claim or do you want to sue for supplying faulty goods?