How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Madam, I have a girlfriend much younger than me with whom I

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir / Madam,
I have a girlfriend much younger than me with whom I have had on and off relationships with for several years. She has a one year old baby by me and I am paying maintenance for the child. She currently is unemployed and also has an 11 year old daughter who is not mine.
Recently things have improved between us and she wants to move into my luxury house which is solely owned by me. If she moves in with me, what legal rights does she have or will she acquire in the future ? If things do not work out, do I have a right to ask her to leave ?

Hi, thank you for your question. Firstly, unless you marry her she has no grounds to acquire any property which is in your name and you can request that she leaves upon reasonable notice. However, as you have a child together, whether you have cohabited or not, she is entitled to apply to court for you to provide resources in order to meet housing needs for the benefit of the child, if she does not have the resources herself.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you