How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have seperated with my partner of 14 years he is in a new

Customer Question

I have seperated with my partner of 14 years he is in a new relationship. However we r on speaking terms. He owns me a considerable amount of money which I loan to him to start his business. At present he has no means of paying this back. After discussion he has offered a flat he owns as repayment but he is still paying mortgage on this he offered to put this in my name but I don't think it's legally possible whilst still allowing him to collect the rent to pay for the mortgage and some debts he has accumulated. Is there any way I can obtain the right of ownership but still allow him to do the above. I want to resolve the situation amicably but still protect my own interests.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you

-Are/were you married to each other?

-How much is the debt?

-How much is the property worth and how much mortgage is outstanding?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.