How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I am from Lithuania and live in uk almost 12 years since

Customer Question

Hello, I am from Lithuania and live in uk almost 12 years since July 2004. I started my first job in November 2004 and was employed with few different employers since. My firs son was born 07/01/2011 and I issued him a British passport. Sent all required information proving my continiuos 5 years employment before his birth. After 5 years in 2016 I sent his passport to be renewed and they asked for my WRS (workers registration certificate) I have registered my first employment with WRS, but only spent 6 months in the company, then I registered my second employment with WRS but registration was made months after I started my job. I have a certificate to proof this, where it says the start date and registration date, but Passport Office are teling me that they will take my sons passport away because the registration needed to be done within 30 days from the date I started my second job, and because I did not spend 12 months in my first job. Is this legal? I have all documents to prove my 5 years continiuos employement before my son was born, I have registered my employements (even though the registration was made late, but employment was still registered and the document clearly states job start date)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


Did you ever apply for permanent residence during your time in the UK? If so, when was it granted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not. My partner (a father of a child) did and it was issued March 2015
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


I am afraid from the limited I formation that you have provided that it would seem that the passport agency us correct.

If either parent has PR then a minor child can obtain a passport following registration of the child.

However, if you are applying on the basis of the WRS then it seems that this would be correct.

I hope this answers your question, if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards