How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I'm a US Citizen paying all my taxes in FL. I spend about

This answer was rated:

Good morning. I'm a US Citizen paying all my taxes in FL.
I spend about five months a year in the UK. I have no income in the UK. of any kind but
I own a small flat here. When I die will that be subject to UK death duties?
Thank you.

Hello Guy

Thanks for your question.

In a nutshell, yes, potentially if your estate exceeds the threshold, as the property is located here. You should create a Will to ensure that your property is disposed of as you wish. Otherwise the intestacy rules will apply and the property could be transfered to a beneficiary who you did not want it to pass to.

Kind regards

Please remember to accept / rate my reply.

Kind regards


Hi Guy

Just checking in with you to see if my response was helpful. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

propertylawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you