How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have recently studied and passed the OCR Level 5 diploma

This answer was rated:

I have recently studied and passed the OCR Level 5 diploma in teaching learners with Specific learning difficulties (dyslexia). I have applied to the British Dyslexia Association for accreditation and they are happy to do so providing I complete the correct forms - I have requested that the centre where I studied ask the tutor to complete the form and they are using a lot of different excuses not to do so. The tutor has stated she can't as she has observed me teaching (she has seen 2 videos and passed them) this is a concern as I shouldn't have passed the course without this. My work and all the tutors feedback/comments etc have been externally verified.
Where do I stand because I currently feel I have paid £3500 for a worthless piece of paper as without the BDA accreditation I can't offer a tutoring service at the level I want and need.
Please could you advice as to how I should proceed.
Christine Yeomans

Hello Christine my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You need it signed off? What are they saying else needs to be done please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
I have been signed off and have the certificate stating the qualification.
The BDA say the the tutor who teaches the course must be a 'live AMDA' member and I am wondering if my tutor isn't and that is why they are stalling in completing the form for me.
They have now not respond to 2 emails I have sent asking for an update on the completion of the form.

Have you asked if this person is current?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have and they have not responded. If she isn't then she isn't entitled to teach the course!

Indeed. In that case you gave to ask for a refund and damages. You can't make them give you the certificate if the teacher isn't valid.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you that is all

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you