How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was wondering if you could help me? I got married on 30th

This answer was rated:

I was wondering if you could help me?
I got married on 30th April 2016 and from start to finish me and my husband found the venue's service to be very unsatisfactory. Things went wrong from the very begining and I had to constantly chase them, we were told by a member of staff we had been left of the diary,our buffett food was thrown away at the end of the night when were were told any food left over was ours to keep this cost us £1500 there was other things also. We voiced our complaints with the manager and she said she would investigate the matter in the meeting we found her to be very rude and abrupt she emailed me her investigation which we found unfair and biased when we said we would seek legal advice she laughed in our face.Do you feel that I have any case to seek compensation we paid over £8000 for this venue and do not feel we go the treatment we deserved or value for money.

Hello my name is,Alex and I will help you.

How much do you want to claim please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
I'd like to £2000
£1500 for the lost food and £500 for the inconvenience caused

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
no thank you I just wanted to make sure I had the correct legal facts before I went ahead

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you