How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My business landlord is trying to evict me from s premises .

This answer was rated:

Hi, my business landlord is trying to evict me from his premises . i could not attend a court date due to illness ( i had a 4 week long sick note) . The judge adjourned the case and re arranged it , but the new court case was arranged before the end of my sick note, I was still ill and unable to attend the hearing . I notified the court and was informed that the judge intended to carry on with the case regardless. As I am short of funds, I am defending myself
or I would be if I had the chance.
The court is sending me an appeal form... the fee I believe is £255...but my landlord has already applied for possesion. I really need to appeal... is it worth my while... could you help me with the form?
Yours Faithfully,
M Darcy

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you not make a formal application to adjourn, rather than just write?
What was the basis of the possession order?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Alex < Mark Darcy here , sorry that I have left it a couple of days since I contacted you , it is a hectic time for me.
The court has informed me that I must get my appeal form completed and marked URGENT to be acted upon before the date of eviction. My desire is to buy some time ... can this be achieved if the appeal is heard before the eviction date? I could do with a chat.
Yours Faithfully

Calling now. Alex