How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My partner and me have a domestic case going on with the

Customer Question

Hi there, my partner and me have a domestic case going on with the police I have not been charged yet but they are going to try and change me with a section 20 , what happened was me and my partner were arguing and she fell and pulled me on top of her and her leg broke very bad, she was very angry at me and in her statement she said that I pushed her to the ground and fell on top of her but it didn't happen like that, it happened how I first said. . She informed the police officer who is dealing with it and told her she wanted to retract her statement but the officer is telling her to not retract it but to make a victim impact statement instead, she also said that if she retracts we statment they will still read the first one out in court along with the second one, can you advise me on what my partner should do for the best as she doesn't want me to go to jail or anything like that . I look forward to your reply thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

When you say retract, is she saying it isn't true?