How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukvisasolutions Your Own Question
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukvisasolutions is online now

I want to sponsor my friend to visit me in London from

This answer was rated:

I want to sponsor my friend to visit me in London from Thailand, we met 7 weeks ago whilst I was in Thailand
I know I have sufficient funds, as I hold an executive position with a good salary , so I can be her sponsor for her visit but was wondering if the short time we have known each other will be a problem with regards ***** ***** there is a genuine relationship? I looked at the visa rules and they don't specify a timescale, just that the "decision maker" has to be satisfied if genuine relationship
We have photographs together when I was in Thailand in April and many text messages during and since, she works fir a property agent and she also owns her own home in Thailand, she also has a son who will be looked after by her brother whilst she is in London so no reason why she don't return to Thailand.
I am able to provide six months payslips and employers letter, my bank accounts savings and one showing salary going in and mortgage payments as I am s homeowner. My friend can also provide six months pay slips and employers letter. I can also do letter of invitation with supporting council tax as proof of address and single occupancy of two bedroom property.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify this is s standard tourist visaCan you also advise if TB test is required
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under no circumstances I do not want this cancelled, this is the fourth time I have been asked, I would rather you out your efforts into obtaining my answer rather than trying to get me to cancel question!!! I should have had an answer within same day as you advertise on your website - so far the service is not good and seems that's it's now changed from Justanswer to Justnitanswer!!
I'm really sorry but it looks we are not able to find a Professional to assist.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Thank you for your query.

From what I understand from your question, you a looking to bring your friend to the UK on a tourist visa. Firstly, your friend as the applicant has to show that she satisfies the requirement of the visit visa rules which is set out at:

Your friend must show that she has every intention to return to Thailand. From what you have stated, it is clear that she has every intention to return to Thailand as she has employment and a son. She will still have to show that she can fund her travel and maintenance and has accommodation in the UK.

As a visitor, she does not need a TB certificate because she will be coming to the UK for less than six months under the standard tourist visa.
Finally, I do not understand your point about showing that you are in a genuine relationship. If you are looking to bring your partner permanently in the UK, then you need to satisfy Appendix FM of the rules.

Under Appendix FM, the Embassy considers the genuine relationship as someone who has been together for two years or they are married. The other option, which I do not know you may be interested or not is Marriage Visitor route:

Please note that under the terms of Just Answer Expert policy, I am only able to give a generic information to your query.

Please kindly rate my answer.


ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience: Immigration Solicitor
ukvisasolutions and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has not answered my question as I am not applying for a partner visa it's a tourist visa for my friend if which I am going to sponsor, please refer back to my question. Which, in short, is there a timescale on how long we have been friends?The question of genuine relationship is part of the "decision makers" assessment, so what would we need to demonstrate / evidence?