How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a son who has left school 1 year ago,he is 18 this

Customer Question

i have a son who has left school 1 year ago,he is 18 this june ,he attends collage for heating and pluming course and will receive his city and guilds certificate when he finishes he is at collage 3-4 days a week ,the collage stopped now until September, do i still pay for his upkeep at the moment i pay £450 per month for 18 years,when do i stop? now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When will he finish his course?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
june 2017
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you paying under a Court Order or voluntarily?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
voluntarily clare
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Just to check - what is your gross income and do you have any other chidlren in your household?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i live alone, i earn £2500 per month
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You do realise you are paying slightly more than you need to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he will finish his course next may
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are currently paying slightly more than the CMS would order.

You will need to continue paying until he leaves college next May.

Please ask if you need further details