How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I live in a 1 bedroom flat with my two boys aged 3 and 6.

Customer Question

Hi, I live in a 1 bedroom flat with my two boys aged 3 and 6. The flat requires many repairs which the council say fall to me to do. a few years ago when the whole building were getting a new kitchen and bathroom I was told I wouldn't as a was listed as a lease holder by the company carrying out the repairs (everyone was getting a new kitchen and bathroom). When I contacted the council they sent someone round to have a look and deemed my flat as meeting European standards and so no work would be carried out.
This has been a consistent theme as when they changed my boiler and heating I was told that the damage caused was my responsibility to repair. When the tap on my kitchen sink became loose the council sent someone round twice. They had a look each time and said that the whole sink would need to be replaced and that they would get in touch with a date for the repair and were never heard from again. If I call the council they say that on their systems it says the repair has been dealt with. I have tried to get another flat as this one is rather small but I have been told I only qualify for band 3 and never get close to getting in the top 2 for a two bedroom property. Please can you advise me on what I can do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help,you.

Is the flag a council one? Alex