How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In May 2016 I purchased a VIP Dinning subscription "Gurkha

This answer was rated:

Good morning,
In May 2016 I purchased a VIP Dinning subscription for any "Gurkha Chautari" Restaurant.
Last night my wife and I dined at the local "Ghurka" and on presentation we presented our card which entitled us to one free main meal. The manager refused to accept the card saying it was not valid on weekends. I pointed out to him that the pamphlet attached to the card, which has the address and name of the restaurant on, clearly states that the card has" unlimited use 7 days a week". he still refused saying he would get the card cancelled and our subscription refunded. The terms of the card state that the card is non-refundable.
We met all conditions eg. pre- booking. What recourse do I have of claiming money back from the restaurant albeit a small amount of£9.95. It is the principle invoved as people should honour their commitments.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

On what basis did they refuse please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He stated that the card is not valid on the weekend

Just to be clear there are no terms and conditions that say to the contrary?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the VIP Dinning Card it says " Restrictions May Apply". I went to their website but they do not list any restrictions nor does the attached pamphlet from the restaurant. Incidently there is also a bonus offer for desert which we did not claim even though we had desert.

Ok. Then you need to get a solicitor to write and ask that they honour it or say you will go to court.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings using form n1

The court will list the matter down and decide whether to make an order compelling them to honour it. If the court does make an order and they refuse, this could be contempt of court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's all. Thank you very much.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you