How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12092
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

In purchasing Public liability insurance am informed by the

Customer Question

In purchasing Public liability insurance am informed by the broker that the policy will only be accepted by the underwriters if beefed up with cover for Plant, Machinery, Trade Fixtures, Electronic Business Machines, Computers and Software. Is this legal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the insurer wants to sell you a block policy. As insurance is contractual there is nothing illegal about this but you may want to try another insurer if all you need is public liability and you have the insurance for other items already. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.