How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was sexually assaulted by penetration at a health spa by a

This answer was rated:

I was sexually assaulted by penetration at a health spa by a masseur. It's going to crown court in the summer.It was at a well known hotel spa. I feel angry as the masseur was an agency worker. I don't know what kind of checks were made. I'm not likely to be the only woman this man has assaulted there. Do I have any kind of case against the spa?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you saying the hotel knew about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They know now as I went to the police two days later. The man was arrested and charged but pleaded not guilty, so now we're awaiting trial. The man was an agency worker who was covering someone who was off sick in that day. He had worked there on a number of occasions before. I didn't report the assault on the day as I was scared and with my daughter who saw another masseur. I'd didn't want her to know so I just went home but then fell apart to my husband who called the police. The police thought Inshould also take it up with the Hilton probably after the criminal case and especially if the man is convicted. I feel I'd want to but don't really know on what grounds.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a compensate within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compdnate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you