Can an investigating officer, designated under the Police

Hello, can an investigating officer, designated under the Police Reform Act 2002 and as one of their 12 discretionary powers, interview and take a statement from a victim of crime for a complaint involving an offender's breach of the terms of a conditional caution for common assault and threatening behaviour? Thank you.

Is there any reason you think they may not be able to ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I believe it is not a power conferred to them and they are therefore unable to record a witness statement since they are not trained in this area.

Why should they be unable to take a witness statement?

Sorry if I am missing the point. You might be right but I can't see it at the moment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I am asking the question and just require clarification on this matter under the Police Reform Act.

Yes, there are no prohibitions therein upon officers taking witness statements.

Officers regularly take S9 statements and nothing in the Reform Acts have rendered that unlawful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.