How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I appealed a common assault conviction from the magistrates

Customer Question

Hi,I appealed a common assault conviction from the magistrates to the Crown Court; it was upheld.I asked the judge to state a case for the High Court on a point of law. I received a brief letter today stating that he has 'rejected' my application but gives no reasons. e.g frivolous, out of time etc.CrimPR 2011 64.6. (5) & (6)1. How do I obtain a certificate from the judge stating the reasons for refusal to be given to me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What were your grounds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Article 3 Prohibition of Torture, the failure to investigate
2 Article 6 right to Fair trial, double jeopardy