How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I purchased a r/c 30cc car from nitrotek in Stockport m/c on

This answer was rated:

I purchased a r/c 30cc car from nitrotek in Stockport m/c on the 3rd of May i ran the model for about 30 minutes when it stopped running. I returned it to nitrotek on the 5th of May.
They told me that it would take up to 14 days to look at but up to date the car is still not repaired. The car cost £395 thay told me that a receipt would be sent to mi email address it never was. So now thay have my money and my car?
What can I do about this?
Many thanks
***** *****
Email address is***@******.***

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Was it new or used? How old was it and was it from a dealer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was new from I think a hols aisles as the address is a mill

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want ether a fully working car or a refund.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex I will do that and send it by recorded delivery
Thanks again for your help.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The solicitor that helped me ( Alex w ) wasted no time giving me sound advice which I will new act on.
Rating Alex easy 10/10

Thanks, ***** ***** you click on the happy face or stars?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you