How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am renting a propert and was on a 12 month contract that

This answer was rated:

I am renting a propert and was on a 12 month contract that was changed to a rolling contract without my confirmation nor my disapproval at the time as I didn't understand the letter. I have moved out of the property with the assumption that my contract was ending at the end of the month only to be told I had to have given them a months notice of moving out and now they would like me to pay the rent for the coming month
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any way I can manage not to pay the month they want time to since I have already moved out of the property?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have a signed contract?

When did you start the contract?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
contract started in July 1st 2014, then was extended for another year ending this coming July. I had asked about extending the lease once again but wasnt given a response only to revive a letter a few months later that I neglected to read properly.

Do you have a number we can chat on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Calling now. Alex