How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

If I signed an agreement with a company to provide service

This answer was rated:

If I signed an agreement with a company to provide service to obtain an Interim Possession Order for £xxxx, however they obtained a Full Possession Order at the end because they had made errors and delayed the process so much that the deadline to obtain an Interim Possession Order had passed, as well as this change was done without my consent. Can I dispute the final amount they are trying to collect? What would be my next step to make a case to complain and dispute the final cost as the service provided is not the same as the agreement and with much delay?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is your loss please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, Thank you for the interest. It would be good to get some insight before considering jumping on a call? I would like to generalise possible actions I can take in disputing the final amount payable in the agreement.

Yes I am just trying to understand what your loss is please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid 50% initial fee and signed an agreement to obtain an Interim possession order, they have recently executed a full possession order and removed the trespassers after 6 months. Although I had made several email attempt to clarified that they should recalculate the final fee as it has been delayed and obtained a full possession order instead, during this period of time. I have never had a solid answer, except in one email that they have indicated the full possession order would be now be a cheaper option.They are now chasing for the final 50% of the fee and I would like to dispute their service provided should be cost much less due to the different type of order used at the end and the time taken to do so.

Ok - so you havent paid this extra fee because they didnt act in accordance with your instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to consider my options, and weight out on cost and time to resolve this matter.

When did you sign the agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15th March, therefore it was after 3 months instead of 6 months mentioned above.

Ok - then they are potentially in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 by not acting with all reasonable skill and care.

If they did not do what they were instructed to do, then they are not entitled to a fee.

Indeed you could sue them for breach of contract. So no, you dont need to pay the remaining 50%.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is probably all I need for now to consider. Thank you for the advice.