How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1366
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am marride to English man,he constantly bully me and he

Customer Question

I am marride to English man,he constantly bully me and he wants me to divorce me and he wants to sell a house.He is olnly the owner as he is keeping saying he cant change the owners names,I never seen the owner document,he never wanted to show me ,saying he doesnt know where is it.
We have been married for 12 years and we have two children.
I dont want my chcildren grow in atmosfere where husband bully me but since last December 2015 when he said he wants to decorce me- he is still in our house but leaving with him is nightmare.I cant sometime go out off house he always comments and i have also problems to find a job,he is constantly telling me , I am lazy person,dont do anything at home and he wants only quite wife.
My question is can we chcange the owners name on both of our names,so he will stop bully me saying it is only his house and he bouth it,not me.
I dont know what to do about bully situasion but I have already regoster with marriage cancelling,talked about my situation with my boss,best friend and catholic priest.What else I can do,who shoul I see.I cant pay for my meeting beacuse i dont have proper jobs,only contract for 3 h a week as a taecher assistant.
Looking forward to fet answer and help
Renata H
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing with your husband.

Firstly you need to find out whose name the house is in.

Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

You need to pay £3 for a copy of the Title Register.

Let me know when you have this.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
House only on m husband name.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

Hello Renata

Even if the house is in your husband's sole name - the fact that you are married still means that you have rights of occupation.

You can protect your rights of occupation with the Land Registry for free by filling in this form:

Your husband will be sent a copy of the new register with your notice included once this form has been successfully registered.

Let me know if I can help you further

Kind Regards


Please kindly remember to star rate our service