How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7072
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I recently discovered that I have a CCJ which was issued in

This answer was rated:

Hi, I recently discovered that I have a CCJ which was issued in July 2014. I knew nothing about this and believe that it must be from a personal loan that I defaulted on 9 years ago. Is there any way of getting it taken off my record or appealing?

You should have been served with the claim form by the court. It may be that you moved.

However to set aside judgment it is not enough to say that you did not receive the court papers but you must also set out what your defence is to the original claim. If you do not have one then the claim will not be set aside.

If you have no defence you could pay the claim and write to the court explaining that you have never received the papers before and so you have satisfied the debt within a reasonable time of being made aware of it and requesting it should be removed from the record of County Court Judgments.

I there are any further points please reply and I will be happy to respond

Best wishes


Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you