How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In December 2003, what appears to be a fraudulent bank

Customer Question

in December 2003, what appears to be a fraudulent bank account in my sole name was set up. It appears to be a deposit type account, ie, no cheque book, £180,000 was transferred into this account from a Joint Current Account, opened at the same time, with then spouse, proceeds of property sales.
Within 10 months the entire amount had been ' Pay, Funds Transfer' amounts £10, 000 plus at a time and the account closed down empty, Oct 2004. Can any thing be done to trace these funds ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume these funds were not yours? Did you lose any money?