How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71138
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had my clothes ruined an Asian dry cleaner with 6 previous

Customer Question

I had my clothes ruined an Asian dry cleaner with 6 previous convictions.
The police woman lied but was believed. The Asians made many false accusations against me and all was belived.
Yet I of exemplary character was completely disbelieved. Not one of my facts was taken inot account in stead I was given an 18 month conditional discharge and ordered to pay costs
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was found guilty because the As***** *****ed. I had my evidence with me but they were not interested.
It was her only word against mine. I did at no time use racially emotive language. I have been going to this shop for 10 years.
So why should I do that??????
The magistrate told me he did not believe me and commended the plaintiff who already has 6 convictions I have been given 18 months of condition discharge and costs
Do I have aby recourse to the magistrates
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can always appeal any Magistrates Court decision to the Crown Court.

But whether the decision would be any different is another matter. They are entitled to accept the account of one witness over that of another.

Magistrates do have a reputation for convicting.

But you do have a right of appeal that is unrestricted.

Can I clarify anything for you?