How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The re of our narrowboat was broken and it broke after a day

This answer was rated:

the hire of our narrowboat was broken and it broke after a day with such stiff steering and the holiday was ruined for 3 full days our of our 7 days holidays - we were only give a day and half of compensation but it was an absolute shambles - what compensation should we expect

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much was the holiday please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;1525.00 for a week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a refund of £326.78 1.5 days

You need to write and set out your losses and request a full refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you