How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

If a man moves into s partners house, which she owns, does s

This answer was rated:

If a man moves into his partners house, which she owns, does his estate have any claim to it on his death, if they had been living together for more than five years?

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are they in England or Wales?

-Are there any deeds of trust or formal agreements between the parties?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None known, believed not

Thank you for confirming. As he has no legal interest in the property it will not form part of his estate.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you