How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71032
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In 1999 I was convicted of persistent soliciting it is my

Customer Question

in 1999 I was convicted of persistent soliciting it is my only offence. Can I get removed from my record so it doesn't appear on a DBS check.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean referral from PNC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know what you mean what is PNC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is simple enough, can I get the offence removed from my record because its preventing me from getting a job
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Police national computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then yes can I the offence removed from the PNC
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not from PNC I'm afraid.

Nothing is ever removed from PNC.

it will be long since spent though and so not show on basic DBS and probably not on standard either.

If you are enhanced checked then it will show but you can ask them to remove it from that.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Can I clarify anything for you?