How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have just had a reply from the defendant that I have

This answer was rated:

I have just had a reply from the defendant that I have issued a claim against. I need to set aside a settlement deed that I signed in 2013.
The defendant has used a silk to put together the reply, but I have evidence that contradicts all of the things that he is denying about the misrepresentation at a meeting in Dec 2013
I will attach it to your reply

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is this a defence you are a referring to please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George Sitwell's reply is attached below

Thanks, ***** ***** been ordered to file a reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are just trying to strike out my claim. I didnt get an order to reply. How much time do you get from the otherside? I now include some of my evidence that feel I could be formated into a reply. If we work well together, I would ask you for a quote to help write it for me. My main evidence that contradicts that issued that we talked about at the meeting.

What would you like to ask me about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long do I have to reply to this, and can I ask for an extension of time from the courts.

Unless the Court has ordered a reply you usually dont need to.

They have not made an application to strike out or summary Judgment so the Court is unlikely to do this without an application, nor a hearing.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't I respond to this then, what is the next step? Witness statements?

Not yet - there will be a case management conference and a Judge will give directions and set the matter down.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the defendants have requested to strike out in that response

Yes but they wont get one - they need to make an application.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't write my patriculars of claim very well and I need to respond in order to do this properly. do you think the judge will allow me to do this.
who will attend the cmc, and will the judge allow me to correct this error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does set the matter down mean?

You will attend the CMC and someone from the other side will also go.

You can only amend your pleadings if you make a formal application or ask the Judge,

Set the matter down - means give directions to trial.

Does that clarify?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you