How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7046
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I own a property with my husband. I am thinking of leaving

Customer Question

I own a property with my husband. I am thinking of leaving and want to know were i stand.
When we bought the property we signed a charge with my mother in law & Father in law.
My Father in law has passed away. My Marriage is breaking down and would like to know were i stand with reguards to the charge if we sell the house.
I have two children were one is still dependent on me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

The charge would need to be paid off in order for the property to be sold and the net proceeds would then be divided. If there is a dependant child either a minor or in full time education then the need to accommodate that child would be taken into account in the division of the proceeds.

I hope this helps

Best regards