How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10231
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I'm not sure if you will be able to help. I co-own a

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I'm not sure if you will be able to help. I co-own a Performing Arts Academy with my business partner and today we have been threatened by one of our pupils' unhappy parents who seems determined to publicly bad mouth us. She has conjured a story consisting of her own opinions and turning them into facts and misinterpreting the truth. Are we able to do anything to stop her bad mouthing our company with false information? We would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

You can write (although solicitors letter probably more effective) telling her that unless she ceases and desists saying whatever it is that saying or posting online or wherever, you will apply to court for an injunction prohibiting her from mentioning you in speech or print again and that you will also ask the court to award the legal costs of the action against her.

You can also threaten an application for compensation in respect of damage to reputation.

Often, just the threat of legal action on its own is enough to put a stop things.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

Best wishes.


F E Smith and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you