How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I have a no win no fee solicitor trying to sue me on a

This answer was rated:

I have a no win no fee solicitor trying to sue me for damages on a casual labourer in my business for crushing his finger in a machine. I have missed a court appearance and now have costs to pay the court, what is best to do, at the time I had no insurance for liability, should I say take this to a trial and offer evidence ?

1. Dear *****, you should certainly take the case to a trial and offer evidence as the amount of damages is assessed based on the evidence offered at trial. So you should ensure that the Plaintiff (party suing) has to prove his case and that he doesn't claim for something for which you weren't responsible. This is because there are two things which a Plaintiff must do to prove his case. Firstly, he must show you were liable. Here, you aren't simply liable because the casual labourer crushed his finger in your machine. There must be some element of fault, or something wrong with the machine or a lack of a guard on the machine before you can be held liable. Additionally, the second point is that the Plaintiff casual labourer must show that not only did you crush his finger but all losses flowing from the accident were caused by you. So, you should defend the case as best you can.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I need to send you some files to complete this question but it's in a 16 page PDFs that will not attach
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is more but you get the idea can you give me direction on this please

3. I have tried opening, the images. However, they only partly open. I would suggest that you instead ask a question. This is a question & answer forum. If you want advice on the actual litigation, you should really see a full service law firm and show them the documents.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I shall take that advice thank you

4. Please Rate the answer if you don't have any follow-on question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a problem with paying £56 to be just told go to trial on the basis of information I gave you, I would like a better price please.

5. I have requested Customer Service to reduce the amount payable on the question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you