How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Madam, my wife was sacked from her work sex on the premises

Customer Question

Dear Sir / Madam, my wife was sacked from her work for having sex on the premises and I subsequently discovered she had also been in contact with other males for non-work related purposes. We had an argument which escalated into a fight, she called the police & I was arrested. We have agreed to try to reconcile. Unfortunately our children were witness to the fight and the social services are now interviewing them. My question is: what are my options in regards ***** ***** marital home (myself & my wife are joint owners) if I am ordered to leave it ? ie would I spend the rest of my days renting a bedsit? Myself & my wife are joint owners. Kind Regards, Shane
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the chidlren?

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What other assets are there and what income do you each have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi clare
The children are 9 & 10 years old and the house is worth £320,000 with no mortgage outstanding. There are no other assets & only I am currently working with a net income of 2k per month.
Kind Regards
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much would a cheaper three bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are a semi detached so a 3 bed terraced would probably cost £50k less.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In that case in the event that the worst happens you will be able to call for a sale of the property.

Your wife will receive sufficient monies to allow her to purchase a home for her and the children - and you will receive the balance which you can put down as a deposit.

You will however have to wait for any further capital until your youngest is 18 or your ex cohabits.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details