How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

There is currently a legal dispute to be heard in the County

This answer was rated:

There is currently a legal dispute to be heard in the County Court on the 24th of June 2016. The Claimant's solicitor has sent my employer (I am the defendant) a letter disclosing details about my financial situation and the legal dispute. Is this legal?

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. There is absolutely no reason why they should be contacting your employer (unless you potentially work in a regulated profession or your employer is relevant to the claim). This kind of conduct is unlawful harassment and is a criminal offence under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970. I would recommend you report the solicitor to the solicitors regulation authority

I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks AlexI am a trainee accountant (ACCA student - not fully qualified yet) and work as an Assistant Accountant at my company. The solicitor has written to the Group Financial Director and the CEO embarrassing me and lying about the fact that I have stolen money in a similar manner.

Hi, Thank you. Have they made a police complaint? Or is this just a civil dispute?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have reported their claim to the police and the DC has said there is no criminal element to this whatsoever.

Hi, Thank you. I would make a complain to the SRA. Does your employer support you?