How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The neighbour across the road from me seems to believe she

This answer was rated:

The neighbour across the road from me seems to believe she has an inalienable right to park her car on my land. She accepts that it is my land, but argues that she will continue to park then when she likes. The police and council refuse to help. What can I do do stop her. I have already on 3 occasions left polite messages on her windscreen asking her to stop doing this, and today I asked her verbally. Her answer was, sadly, deeply confrontational. The house in which she lives only backs on to the road outside my house, and is a standard mid-terrace house in Earby, Lancashire, with, I believe, 4 cars. She has the ability to park legally outside he house at the front, but refuses to do this. In addition, where she parks on my land is right on top of the water meter access for both my house and the one next door. Can you help here?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you had a Solicitor write and ask to stop yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I cannot afford to go to a solicitor

OK, ideally you need to get a Solicitor to write and ask them to stop parking or say you will get an injunction.

If they still refuse you can seek a Court order stopping them parking.

You would need to complete forms N1:

And N16a:

The Court will list the matter down and decide whether or not to make an order stopping them park on your land.

If the Court does and they still breach it, this is contempt of Court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just looked at form N1, and it requires the name and address of the person in question. I have no access to the name of the person, only to the registration of her car. I have no means of getting the name of the person. How can I submit this without the name information? Also, is there a cost to submit the N1 form, and, if so, is there the ability to have this cost waived, since my income consists solely of the state pension?

That is ok - you can put this as persons unknown.

You can get fee remission, but I dont know the criteria, you would need to speak with the Court to ask.

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. I will try to take it from here, but I have to say that this whole episode does leave such a very sour, and quite frightening, taste in the mouth. Having spent much of my adult life abroad, (I am now retired), I have found on my return to this beautiful country that people have become quite horribly selfish, with such a strong meme me attitude. Now I am also hopelessly confused with what I pay you. I assume that this is the 18.00, and that there will be no other payments taken from my credit card than that. I do not wish to sign up for further monthly payments. Also, please could you email me with this whole conversation for my records?

Once you rate my answer then you can keep a copy or come back to it at any time.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you