How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10401
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

My mother died leaving no will, there is only a leashold

This answer was rated:

My mother died leaving no will, there is only a leashold flat in her name.
My sister and I are the only living relatives, and my sister is happy for me to live in the flat.
Do I need a grant of representation to have the flat registerd in my name at the land registry

Yes you do. You need to apply for the grant of letters of administration. The land registry will not transfer the property unless you have that.

If you look at this website, it will guide you through the process and give you the form you need PA1

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

Best wishes.


F E Smith and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you