How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10247
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

My wife, her sister and my 5 year old daughter has been

Customer Question

my wife, her sister and my 5 year old daughter has been wrongfully found guilty of fundamentally dishonest on a personal injury claim. car was driven by me, was involve in a non fault accident. there were five passengers, two claim has been wife and her sister speaks little english and also has very poor understanding of it. as the acting solicitor pulled out last week we could not get anyone to represent us also we hired a make shift translator on the day who had no experience and certainly no quality. my wife froze and was very nervous and did not answer correctly also her sister (she was better than other) our request for adjournment was rejected. we lost a genuine case as no one was there to question and my wife's nervousness. want to appeal. how can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Has this been to the civil court and you lost?

You can only appeal on the grounds that the judge made an error of law or an error of fact. What did the judge get wrong?

You cannot appeal simply because the judge preferred the other side’s version of events rather than yours.

We have the circumstances surrounding the court case and the allegation of fraud and the solicitor pulling out in detail please?