How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have supplied a seemingly happy customer with a beautiful

Customer Question

I have supplied a seemingly happy customer with a beautiful shepherd's hut and they are being extremely slow to pay using terrible excuses. He has now put a very small fence around the hut which I would have to remove in order to take the hut away. Would I be breaking the law? Hut value £4000 and fence perhaps £50.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is,Alex and I will help you.

How many times have you asked please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex. Payment on delivery was agreed (Sat 18th June) but then promised Monday by transfer and now nothing has happened with no reason, as he is retired and has my bank details etc, but I personally smell a rat for reasons I can't explain in legal terms.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Is there any real reason given for non payment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not a sausage..they saw the hut, finished, before delivery...verbally approved it in all ways and then again after it's placement in their garden. But to be honest they seem a little odd to me, from first meeting them..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You can't take down the fence, that is criminal damage.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's very clear...thank you very much indeed.Best wishes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: