How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10226
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I've had a letter from concentrix in relation to a previous

Customer Question

I've had a letter from concentrix in relation to a previous tenant living here,
I provided all the documentation and sent recorded delivery special.... For them to say they not received it.
I live by myself, with my daughter, my documents support this and neighbours have offered to provide witness statements.
My daughter father paid in some money over a period of a difficult time financially, it was a voluntary payment of £50 a week, I was told I did not need to inform them as it an agreement between us, which he now has failed to keep, lasted a few months...
I am getting letters addressed to previous tenant, as she in debt, I ring and inform them she does not live her....
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When he failed to pay, his friend paid in to my account....
In total over 3 months was about £600
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I’m happy to speak on the phone which I will submit is a premium service for which there is an extra cost, but before we do, could I have some more information from you please.

What is the debt in respect of? Unpaid council tax?

What is the relevance of your daughters father paying money voluntarily and why was that?

What was the money that was paid into your account in the sum of £600?

Could we have all the background in detail please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much is the telephone?
The reason Scarlett rather paid into my account was we had come to an arrangement that it should go into my account as my rent increased.... He agreed to cover... This only lasted for a few months in that time he borrowed money from a friend to pay me. He used his account and his friend, then he stopped paying.
Did I need to inform tax credit, the total for a few months was £600. It was a voluntary agreement between us.
For some reason the previous tenant from three years ago has flagged up on tax credits.... That she lives at my address.... Which I can provide she left the property in 2013. All my documents prove that I am the only resident with my daughter at my property.
This should not affect my tax credits?
Because of the previous tenant tax credits want to confirm I'm the only adult resident, which I am.
Thank you
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I will submit the telephone proposal for you which you can take up leave if you wish.

The facts appear confusing here because you have given a lot of information about your daughter payments but nothing about the previous tenant which is where the letter from Concentrix came from.

Do you not just need to prove that neither you nor your daughter are the original tenant and that the original tenant moved out in 2013?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to prove that it's myself and My daughter at the property which I have provide.
Was worried as I did not inform them of the money Scarlett dad paid in as I thought it did t affect my claim...
They are only looking into who lives at the property, they wanted to see council tax, tenancy, bills, bank statements. Was just wondering if they would question money paid into from my daughter father...goin forward I will let them know, will I get into trouble for this?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

There are two totally separate issues here.

The previous tenant and the current issue.

If Concentrix have not received the paperwork, check the Royal Mail tracking number to see whether it has arrived there or not. Maybe they just can’t find it in which case, send it again.

The more you send them with regard to the other person living there and where the other person is now (if you know) and when they left et cetera, the better.

I still don’t understand the situation with regard to the money with you and your daughter and what that has to do with the person living there prior to 2013