How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Ref overhanging branches. My neighbour is having building

This answer was rated:

Ref overhanging branches.
My neighbour is having building work done. The work is expected to last total of 8 weeks. To date our 2 cars have been damaged (we have lodged a claim against builder via our insuance company)
they insist that that all further communications are conducted through a solicitor else they will sue us for harassment if we speask or write to them.
Our problem is that some of the overhanging branches have ? fruitlike growth forming on them. Although I clear fallen items daily I am concerned that our dog has ingested some resulting in 4 bouts of vomiting. (we cannot stand guard over him ,he has free access to the garden)
If we cut the over hanging branches off will we have to get a solicitor to write to them and offer to return Them or can we just store all branches for future return if requested. Many thanks Yvonne

Hi Yvonne

Thanks for your question. In short, you can trim back overhanging branches up to the boundary, not beyond. Technically the branches belong to the neighbour so they should be returned.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or queries.

Kind regards


Please remember to accept /rate my reply. Thanjs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I have to offer to return the the branches but do I have to do so via letter from solicitor?
Please reread original question and answer all queries fully.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Full answersize to all queries raised

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Yes you should get a Solicitor to write and offer the branches back.

The law requires they are offered and not simply stored.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you