How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Thanks reply .My daughter is just born in UK but she

Customer Question

Hi thanks for your reply .My daughter is just born in UK but she doesn't has any passport neither British nor Indian. She is not a British citizen. Nither me or husband are British citizen. No police has not charged my husband with any offence but they are concerned about the way he is controlling my life by limiting my access .Like controlling my finance,my work support, not letting me speak to my parents ,beating me when he feels.Yes I do have more than 3000 pounds in my account as savings.My daughter is nearly 20months old.Please guide me with all the steps I should take to get my daughter's passport done.One more question do you think these social workers can in anyway help me in getting my daughter's passport done.Do they have that much access to help us.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your response.

I am going to opt out so that one of my colleagues who specialises in Immigration can assist you because this is not my area.

I think you need immigration advice first.

The issue you have is that a court is likely to consider that your daughter is resident here. So even if she is granted an Indian passport - if you remove her out of the Jurisdiction then you could be charged with committing child abduction. My view is that you are going to have to make an application to a family court for permission to permanently remove your daughter from the jurisdiction. If your husband wont agree - then the Judge will decide if you can take your daughter on a test based on your daughters best interests.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,