How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have wrongly been accused of child abuse on one of my

Customer Question

I have wrongly been accused of child abuse on one of my children.
I attended a meeting with only one workings days notice.
I was told I could bring someone support but on the day they refused to let them in the meeting.
the independent chair started off before the meeting proper by saying that she was not independent but was our enemy.
social services said that they appointed an independent advocate from promise, but when she visited the children, this person said she would not be at the meeting and her report was very good for us but was rejected because it was not signed.
Please help me as I am completely innocent and have been ordered out of our home.
the next meeting was to be on 12 July, this morning I have been told it will not be until September.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As social services are involved, and if you are in receipt of benefits or a low income, then you would be entitled to legal aid for a solicitor to advise and assist you in this process. The social worker should have a list of solicitors who provide such services and they should provide this to you upon request.

Have they indicated if they are seeking to take the matter to court?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.