How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My daughter was served an Enforcement Notice yesterday

This answer was rated:

My daughter was served an Enforcement Notice yesterday (22.06.16) and an Enforcement Officer looking to 'take control' on 01.07.16. She has not received any correspondence relating to this prior to yesterday and is being hit with an £8k bill - obviously she is distraught. This relates to a car accident and the named Claimant confirmed that he is not chasing any payment and things had been settled by the Insurance Company. I spoke with a solicitor today who advises we obtain an N244 form - I am reading the completion guidance notes which asks"What order are you asking the court to make and why?", hence me referring to this site for guidance on completing, it suggests that I quote Civil Procedure Rules - I don't know which to quote, please can you help?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does she have a County Court Judgment against her?
Did she get any paperwork?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, all she received yesterday was the Enforcement Notice. Meanwhile, the Insurance Co has looked into things and is assigning a team of solicitors to sort in the next 3hrs, and believe that she shouldn't have received this. They think that a new employee of the claimants solicitor has picked this up believing it is a 'private' case, so the Insurance Co is looking to sort. However, she will need to get her name removed off the ccj list.

Ok. Has she spoken to her insurers who were dealing with it?

How are we getting on with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it's in the hands of the solicitors and apparently this should't have happens. If they sort everything she will still be left with a CCJ and we will be asking for them to clear it at their cost.

If she didnt get anything then she needs to apply to set the CCJ aside.

She can do this using form n244:

The Court will list it for hearing and decide whether to set aside.

As you say, you can ask the other side for costs of doing this.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks, it's a waiting game now. Fingers crossed it will be resolved, but we'll push for them to rectify her 'good name'. It's been a painful experience and we pray that it resolves itself. Thanks

Indeed. If there is anything else you need let me know.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you