My son and s girlfriend have ended there relationship, She

my son and his girlfriend have ended there relationship, She is saying that she will not allow access to their unborn child. Q: Does he have any right of access to his child and what is the3 next step?. she is 5/6month pregnant.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

There is no action that your son can take until the baby is born

Once the child is born the court says that a child is entitled to a relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary

As a starting point your son could try and discuss matters now using Family mediation

If that fails he can then make the applictaion for a Child Arrangement Order as soon as the baby is born.

It is important that he is realistic in his expectations

In the early months contact should be short - but often, maybe an hour twice a week and then build up week by week.

He may find this website useful

Please ask if you need further details