How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son and s girlfriend have ended there relationship, She

This answer was rated:

my son and his girlfriend have ended there relationship, She is saying that she will not allow access to their unborn child. Q: Does he have any right of access to his child and what is the3 next step?. she is 5/6month pregnant.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

There is no action that your son can take until the baby is born

Once the child is born the court says that a child is entitled to a relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary

As a starting point your son could try and discuss matters now using Family mediation

If that fails he can then make the applictaion for a Child Arrangement Order as soon as the baby is born.

It is important that he is realistic in his expectations

In the early months contact should be short - but often, maybe an hour twice a week and then build up week by week.

He may find this website useful

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you