How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am trying to find out how to stop a rented house nearby

This answer was rated:

I am trying to find out how to stop a rented house nearby contravening the restrictive convenants that apply to our houses i.e No business can be carried out from the property unless doctor, dentist or surgeon. They are running removals business, offering storage and of course we have six large vehicles parked around the corner of our close. What route can I take to stop this trading please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send the copy from Land Registry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you be kind enough to text me as and when your email is sent through please. Many thanks ***********

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What has the council said about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been speaking with one of the councillor's but he seems out of his depth, can't get hold of the right person to speak to etc. My neighbours and I have done the digging. We have proof that they are trading from that address as they advertise on Yell dot com and have a facebook page and I presented him with the Land Registry copy. I thought that it is now time to get some legal advice .

Ok. You need to get a solicitor to write and ask them to stop or say you will get a court order.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings using form n1

And n16a

The court will list the matter for hearing and see whether to make an order stopping them doing this.

If the court does and they refuse this is comtempt of court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex , you are suggesting the small claims court ? How would be the claim be titled, only familiar with "goods not fit etc" or monies owed

It wouldn't be a small claim probably because it's an Injunction. The issue fee is £280 I think, something other than money.

Does that clarify? Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you