How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10259
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I have moved house (6 months ago) and now live 20 miles away

This answer was rated:

I have moved house (6 months ago) and now live 20 miles away from my working environment, but travel back 2 days per week. I took on a very small office, but realised that it was not suitable for my purposes (WiFi difficulties, BT, and of course Letterbox issues). I now have a garden office in my former garden, but separate from my former home, and applied to the Royal Mail to have a mailing address. They advised me that I had to have a property in the garden and apply through the Planning Department etc., before they would let me have a mailing address. The postcode for the whole area is already set up. My letterbox is easily accessible on a wall so no problems there. Any suggestions how I achieve my end result of having a mailing address with the postman delivering post to me. I am a property manager (part time), a Town Councillor and Parish Clerk, so getting mail would be very helpful to me. Suggestions please! Thanks Esther
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nicola,Sorry about the delay, but I thought no-one could answer my question. Yes I am happy to wait for a response, as this is something I want to get first. The alternative is to apply for a structure to be put up in the garden, but that would not really suit my purpose.Thanks
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,

I will try to assist you with this.

Why do you want a separate mailing address and not just have the mail going through your normal letterbox?

Is the small office relevant to this?

Please don’t give the exact address book can you give me an example of how the 2 addresses would be different? Would one of them for example be number 12 and the other for example be 12A.

Are the Post Office saying that you can’t have 12A unless there is planning consent?

I see that you have requested a telephone call. I’m happy to do that for you and I will submit a Premium Services proposal for which there is an extra cost. You are free to take that up or carry on by email. It will save time however if you can let me have the information I asked for before we speak. Best wishes

F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10259
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

We have spoken. I hope you get this sorted. Best wishes