How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a 25 year old chef working at my business, he has

Customer Question

I have a 25 year old chef working for me at my business, he has been in the uk since his parents brought him and his brother here when he was 7years old. Unfortunately both boys were taken into care for many years and both parents are now dead. My question is, could he get a British passport or become a British citizen? His English is very good and he has qualified as a chef in English. He has only been out of Britain for a total of 7 days since he has been in the U.K.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

Did the family come here legitimately? What were the circumstances of them being taken into care? By whom? Was their immigration status taken care of at the time. Do they have national insurance numbers? Passports? Can you explain the situation a little more.