How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34899
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son's partner is Polish,and has been in the UK years.They

This answer was rated:

My son's partner is Polish,and has been in the UK for nine years.They have been together for seven years and have a son who is five years old.His partner fears she may be asked to leave the country or would be debarred from working as she does now under current EU rules.
Will she need to get a visa ? What changes are there likely to be in her situation?
Tel - ***********
Thank you, ***** *****

Thank you for your question

The simple answer is - it is too early to tell.

However the realistic position is that nothing at all will happen in the next 18 months - and the odds are that if we wish to have a trade agreement then like Norway we will have to accept the free movement of people.

In the last resort she can apply for a family visa in any event - so she has no need to worry in either the short or the long term

Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you